Gone are the days when patriarchy had the upper hand and the dark cloud male chauvinism was all over the society. With the emergence of technology, proper education and equality rights, the distinction between men and women has decreased in a noteworthy manner. We now see female leaders ruling the world. But to be a leader you need to know the abilities you have to have. And what is a better way than reading books in this regard? But before settling for a book, you need to know what book you are going to read. You might not be a fast reader, you might not be a livid reader, you first need to figure out your type and your preferences. With time running out with every breath you take, you need to choose one first. We are suggesting a few ideas on the best leadership books for women.
Check this out:Top 10 Best Business Communication Books In 2020
Best Leadership Books For Women Review
10. I Shouldn’t Be Telling You This
Kate White, the Editor-in-Chief of Cosmopolitan magazine writes about her experiences as she advanced to the top of the food chain- the top position in Cosmopolitan. A brilliant cover with witty taglines and a $15 price makes it affordable for everyone.
- She suggests the tips and tricks a woman can use in her workplace to succeed
- Inspirational suggestions are given that have proven to be fool-proof
- A very refreshing read for people of all ages
9. How Remarkable Women Lead
Joanna Barsh, alongside Susie Cranston made a masterpiece on leadership with this one. This one is quite bold to address the misogynist issues that have clouded our society for long. The cover is quite remarkable with a decent tagline and a $10 price tag.
- The book features leadership traits in females and its complexity in the modern world
- Centered leadership is described here
- Contains inspiring stories from successful women
Most of us have heard of Huffington Post, a worldwide famous media group. This book is written by its Editor-in-Chief, Arianna Huffington. She is deemed as one of the most influential women in the world. The cover is a decent one with bold and inspiring words as the tagline. The price is $14.
- She insists focusing less on money and more on your skills would make you better
- Narrated her troubles en route to success
- Created a new definition of success
7. Bad Girls Throughout History
This isn’t non-fiction. This isn’t the success story of a single human being, this is about the bad girls. Girls who broke the gender stereotype and gained success by liberating themselves off the shackles of misogynists. The book has a very interesting cover and a price of $18.
- Features the revolts of 100 historic women
- Aesthetically pleasing illustration with inspiring stories
- Shows the revolution of women through ages
6. Knowing Your Value
You probably know her from the popular show Morning Joe, but that isn’t all. Mika Brzezinski is a fighter, she is a warrior who struggled through her success. The book has a decent cover but some of the taglines are hard to read in open eyes. It costs $22.
- Issues like the gender gap are discussed here
- She describes stories from successful woman all over the world
Check this out:Top 10 Best Business Development Books in 2020
5. Big Magic
Elizabeth Gilbert is best known for her big hit ‘Eat, Pray, Love’, but she excels in non-fictions too- this book is a solid proof to that. The book has an attractive cover and the tagline is very inspiring. The cost is $14.
- The book is a guide to tackling fear and insecurities
- She described ways to get over unnecessary strains and live a free life
4. I Am Malala
We all know her. The youngest human being to ever win the Nobel prize, Malala Yousafzai did something millions of people would dare not to. She risked her life to ensure women’s education. This is her story. A very beautiful cover with $16 as price, this is a must-buy for all aspiring leaders.
- She described her hardships to study back in her days in Pakistan
- She addressed the educational inequality in developing countries.
3. The Confidence Code
Claire Shipman and Katty Kay wrote something that will recharge your battery with a boost of confidence and leadership tips. This has perhaps one of the most beautiful covers in the list, coming for $23.
- This one features how to get and make the best use of opportunities
- The key pointers to achieving confidence
- An excellent read to understand the male-dominance and ways to overcome it.
2. Letter To My Daughter
Maya Angelou has magical writing skills, she can make words sound like poetry. With her literature prowess, she produced a fiction that will inspire women of all ages, all times.The book has a pretty eye-catching cover and the cost is $14.
- She expresses the hardships and struggles she faced back when she was young
- Emphasized on the power of compassion, the power of courage and confidence.
1. What Will It Take To Make A Woman President?
The title is kind of enough for any avid reader to have a look at this. The cover is very smart enough with taglines and good design. It costs $17.
- This contains interviews given by women in top academic and government posts
- Very encouraging for those who want to make a name for living
since there is a wide variety of books regarding women’s leadership, we decided to handpick only the ones that would inspire you to become a leader! While most of them are non-fiction, the fictional ones are also inspiring and motivating. I hope the list was of help to you!