Gone are the days when patriarchy had the upper hand and the dark cloud male chauvinism was all over the society. With the emergence of technology, proper education and equality rights, the distinction between men and women has decreased in a noteworthy manner. We now see female leaders ruling the world. But to be a leader you need to know the abilities you have to have. And what is a better way than reading books in this regard? But before settling for a book, you need to know what book you are going to read. You might not be a fast reader, you might not be a livid reader, you first need to figure out your type and your preferences. With time running out with every breath you take, you need to choose one first. We are suggesting a few ideas on the best leadership books for women.
Check this out:Top 10 Best Business Communication Books In 2020
Best Leadership Books For Women Review
20. I Shouldn’t Be Telling You This
Kate White, the Editor-in-Chief of Cosmopolitan magazine writes about her experiences as she advanced to the top of the food chain- the top position in Cosmopolitan. A brilliant cover with witty taglines and a $15 price makes it affordable for everyone.
- She suggests the tips and tricks a woman can use in her workplace to succeed
- Inspirational suggestions are given that have proven to be fool-proof
- A very refreshing read for people of all ages
19. How Remarkable Women Lead
Joanna Barsh, alongside Susie Cranston made a masterpiece on leadership with this one. This one is quite bold to address the misogynist issues that have clouded our society for long. The cover is quite remarkable with a decent tagline and a $10 price tag.
- The book features leadership traits in females and its complexity in the modern world
- Centered leadership is described here
- Contains inspiring stories from successful women
Most of us have heard of Huffington Post, a worldwide famous media group. This book is written by its Editor-in-Chief, Arianna Huffington. She is deemed as one of the most influential women in the world. The cover is a decent one with bold and inspiring words as the tagline. The price is $14.
- She insists focusing less on money and more on your skills would make you better
- Narrated her troubles en route to success
- Created a new definition of success
17. Bad Girls Throughout History
This isn’t non-fiction. This isn’t the success story of a single human being, this is about the bad girls. Girls who broke the gender stereotype and gained success by liberating themselves off the shackles of misogynists. The book has a very interesting cover and a price of $18.
- Features the revolts of 100 historic women
- Aesthetically pleasing illustration with inspiring stories
- Shows the revolution of women through ages
16.The Myth of the Nice Girl
The author of this Leadership Book For Women is Fran Hauser. Rating as an Amazon Best Business Book of 2018, selected by Audible as the Best Business Book of 2018, named “Best New Book” by People Magazine and Refinery29, a Most Anticipated Title of April 2018 by Bustle and Levo
And was picked as A Women@Forbes “Boss Moves Book Club”. Thus, you should never miss her advice on the way to become a female leader.
- Incorporates the idea off forward-looking feminism
- Share career advice to become a smart, strong, and professional woman
- Shared her insights and actionable ideas to help navigate difficult moments
Releasing recently in 2018 from the former first lady of the United States Michelle Obama. The book as well as chosen by the famous film streaming Netflix to produce The NETFLIX ORIGINAL DOCUMENTARY and is picked by OPRAH’S BOOK CLUB and chosen as NAACP IMAGE AWARD WINNER.
- Invites readers into her world of chronicling experiences as a powerful advocate for women and girls in the U.S
- Shares her childhood on the South Side of Chicago to her years as an executive balancing the demands of motherhood and work, and her time spent at the world’s most famous address
14. The Moment of Lift: How Empowering Women Changes the World
The Moment of Lift is the achievement of the modern female author Melinda Gates. A little about her background can be summed up in a few words. She is a philanthropist, businesswoman, and global advocate for women and girls. Moreover, most of her experiences are from her work with her husband Bill Gate in Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation after quitting her job from Microsoft Company.
- Her book receives recognition by The Washington Post as a book that inspires all women to change the world in a powerful way.
- The book is about gender equity and empathy.
- Mentions of the concept of globalization that being threatened by nationalism
Related Post: Top 10 Best Personal Development Book in 2020
13. How Women Rise
Launching in 2018 from two leadership-expert authors Sally Helgesen and Marshall Goldsmith. Both of them are popular among leadership training experts and coaches because they have successfully trained many high achieved leaders in the workplace. This is as well not their first published books. Their old books achieved many positive feedbacks that inspire them to write the book together.
- Identifies 12 self-defeating behaviors of women that hold them back from achieving success
- Is recommended for women aiming to get to the next level in their careers
- Building on Marshall’s classic bestseller What Got You Here Won’t Get You There
12. Lean In: Women, Work, and the Will to Lead
Lean In is the product of COO of Facebook Sheryl Sandberg. Receiving the overwhelming support from her given TED talk video in 2010, she was inspired to convert it in to book version. This book is especially to encourage young women to not be afraid to accept new challenges both in life and professionally so that they can live their life with passion.
- About women and power
- Elaborates with humorous personal anecdotes, singular lessons on confidence and leadership, and practical advice for women based on research, data, her own experiences, and the experiences of other women of all ages
11. Girl, Stop Apologizing (Audible Exclusive Edition)
Rachel Hollis is the author behind this book. She is the type of author that you should check out her advice because as a woman, she has found her own multimillion-dollar media company. This book consists of sharing her successful journey, identifies the excuses to discard, the behaviors to adopt, and the skills to acquire on the path to believing in oneself.
- The words from the author encourage women to live up to their full potential and chase their most audacious dreams.
- Sequel to Girl, Wash Your Face
- Easy to follow a plan that will motivate you and get you on a path to achieve your goals
10. The Little Black Book of Success: Laws of Leadership for Black Wome
Elaine Meryl Brown, Marsha Haygood, Rhonda Joy McLean are the authors of this inspirational book. All of them are the definition of powerful women that possess high positions in society. Therefore, they find that sharing their experiences through the book to other people is very helpful especially to the ones that do not always have access to coaches or mentors. Their book is savvy and sensitive to the challenges women of color face in the workplace.
- Offer self-affirming advice to rev up a career
- Tips on staying positive, honing skill sets, having a plan of action and following through, networking, and avoiding common workplace dilemmas. They also provide valuable advice on achieving work/life balance and finding guidance, mentorship, and support. Offering sound advice, practical tools, and warm wisdom
9. Leading Gracefully: A Woman’s Guide to Confident
The author of Leading Gracefully is Monique Svazlian Tallon. In 2016, she noticed that at that time only 14% of top executive positions in the Fortune 500 are women. She is a feminine leadership expert and a founder of Highest Path Consulting and the Women & Power Leadership Forum.
- Provides unique insights into how women can break through gender bias and become far more effective as leaders
- Present neuroscience research that tells us that women’s brains are wired for empathy, intuition, and collaboration, the same qualities people are looking for in their leaders
- Elaborates personal stories of female executives and entrepreneurs from the world of technology, science, retail and non-profits
Don’t forget to check: Top 10 Best Leadership Books For Women In 2020
8. Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action
If you are looking to enhance your leadership skills, you should never overlook Simon Sinek who is the author of this book. He is a big believer in finding passion in the workplace. His ideas expressed in one TED talk video have reached more than 28 million people all over the world.
- Provides a framework upon which organizations can be built, movements can be led, and people can be inspired
7. Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking
Susan Cain breaks the norms that devalue introverts. The book she wrote is the book that the quiet revolution. The book as well received the award and is translated to more than 40 languages
- Change the ideas of how only extroverts can contribute to society
- Insert real stories telling from the world successful introvert leaders
6. Knowing Your Value
You probably know her from the popular show Morning Joe, but that isn’t all. Mika Brzezinski is a fighter, she is a warrior who struggled through her success. The book has a decent cover but some of the taglines are hard to read in open eyes. It costs $22.
- Issues like the gender gap are discussed here
- She describes stories from successful woman all over the world
Check this out:Top 10 Best Business Development Books in 2020
5. Big Magic
Elizabeth Gilbert is best known for her big hit ‘Eat, Pray, Love’, but she excels in non-fictions too- this book is a solid proof to that. The book has an attractive cover and the tagline is very inspiring. The cost is $14.
- The book is a guide to tackling fear and insecurities
- She described ways to get over unnecessary strains and live a free life
4. I Am Malala
We all know her. The youngest human being to ever win the Nobel prize, Malala Yousafzai did something millions of people would dare not to. She risked her life to ensure women’s education. This is her story. A very beautiful cover with $16 as price, this is a must-buy for all aspiring leaders.
- She described her hardships to study back in her days in Pakistan
- She addressed the educational inequality in developing countries.
3. The Confidence Code
Claire Shipman and Katty Kay wrote something that will recharge your battery with a boost of confidence and leadership tips. This has perhaps one of the most beautiful covers in the list, coming for $23.
- This one features how to get and make the best use of opportunities
- The key pointers to achieving confidence
- An excellent read to understand the male-dominance and ways to overcome it.
2. Letter To My Daughter
Maya Angelou has magical writing skills, she can make words sound like poetry. With her literature prowess, she produced a fiction that will inspire women of all ages, all times.The book has a pretty eye-catching cover and the cost is $14.
- She expresses the hardships and struggles she faced back when she was young
- Emphasized on the power of compassion, the power of courage and confidence.
1. What Will It Take To Make A Woman President?
The title is kind of enough for any avid reader to have a look at this. The cover is very smart enough with taglines and good design. It costs $17.
- This contains interviews given by women in top academic and government posts
- Very encouraging for those who want to make a name for living
since there is a wide variety of books regarding women’s leadership, we decided to handpick only the ones that would inspire you to become a leader! While most of them are non-fiction, the fictional ones are also inspiring and motivating. I hope the list was of help to you!