Orthopedic chairs are the ones that help release the stress in your back and spinal areas. These are specially designed chairs that provide comfort and make sure your back and lower back remains healthy. It is a necessary tool for people who are recovering from neck, spine, or back injuries. When in a vulnerable condition, usual chairs may not come handy to rest your muscles well, but orthopedic chairs can. However, you need to be careful while going for something as important as orthopedic chairs. You have to first identify the cause behind buying them, as to what part of the body needs rest, and buy the chair according to that preference. You don’t have to worry about that, though. We have done the task for you, we have enlisted the best possible chairs, go and grab them!
Best Orthopedic Chairs Review
10. Humanscale Freedom Task Chair
We begin the list with a very comfortable Orthopedic chair. This is a specially made chair that will enable you to move freely, not hampering or straining your muscles at the back. A shiny black ergonomic shape makes up to the relatively higher price.
- Doesn’t have a headrest, armrest might not be flexible enough
- Very comfortable and healthy ergonomic shape
9. Gaiam Balance Disc Wobble Cushion
This isn’t a chair. This is what we can call an extension that we add to a regular chair and turn it into an orthopedic chair. This is a cheap and easy DIY option for you to make an orthopedic chair for yourself. Coming with a total of 3 colors, this can act as a cushion too.
- The risk of falling is much lesser with this one that with the ball chairs.
- Can be a decent alternative seat for the kids
- Works as a bridge between general chairs and ball chairs
8. Gaiam Classic Balance Ball Chair
This is a chair with a ball. Now if we were talking about something as such in the 20th century, people would have a good laugh. But in this era, ball chairs are deemed as a damn good option as an orthopedic chair. A comfortable setting once you get used to it, this one is made of rubber.
- A good alternative for people who have back and spinal pain
- Can relieve soreness and back pain once you get used to sitting here
- You need to inflate the ball from time to time for better performance.
You might want to check: Top 10 Best Leather Office Chairs In 2020
7. Brenton Studio Radley Task Chair
Goes easy on your back, goes easy on your spine, gives you a comfortable experience. For a relatively cheaper price, what more to expect? This chair is made from breathable mesh fabric and very soft cushion.
- Decent lumbar support with a waterfall seat cushion
- No levers, no tension- you get all kinds of motion
- Tilt-option that is lockable and adjustable
6. Trideer Exercise Ball Chair
Most of us get scared of two things when we see a ball chair. One, the inflated ball might burst, and two- you might slide out of the chair if you try to sit. While sliding depends on the user’s abilities, this one is sure not to burst! This one comes with a total of seven colors and two sizes.
- It has a stability ring to make sure the ball doesn’t slide away.
- Highly durable and burst-proof
5. ZENSTYLE Ergonomic Office Orthopedic Chair
This is a kneeling chair. It doesn’t look like the usual comfortable office chairs, but trust me on this, there’s no end to comfort in this one too, mostly if you have back pains. It comes with an exceptionally thick padded cushion that is super comfortable.
- Very strong and sturdy structure
- X-shaped structure with adjustable movements
- Very easy to assemble
4. Viva Luno – Sitting Ball Chair
Remember the TV series Bojack Horseman was a character, Diane used to work at a place where there was no chair but balls? Well, this is a reality now, and with ball chairs as good as this, why shift back to normal ones? It comes with over 20 different colors.
- The wide variety of slip-covers make sure it fits in almost everywhere.
- Very good for gym and office activities
Don’t forget to check: Top 10 Best Fabric Office Chairs In 2020
3. Haworth Zody Chair
If you’re looking for maximum comfort at a relatively lower price than the exclusive ones, this can be your pick. An award-winner itself, the chair has different mechanisms to ensure comfort for its user. It has an asymmetric support system with headrest and armrest systems provided.
- A pelvic pad that helps ensure the right alignment of the spine
- Has a three-point tilt mechanism for adjustable tilt
- Excessively adjustable, the arms may slide easily and not stay in place.
2. Serta Mid-Back Office Chair
A classic brand-cushioned chair with body pillows that are ergo-layered, this brings us to the old cushion-based executive chairs. Having said so, it is comfortable and good for your neck and spine. This one is made from leathers that are environment friendly and high class. The lumbar support and pelvis tilt adds to its advantage.
- Has soft pillows for comfort and support
- Uses the tilt-technology for ensuring the body posture’s perfections
- Very adjustable comes with a one-year warranty.
1. Herman Miller Embody Chair
Imagine your orthopedic chairs having a human-like spine. Imagine a chair so comfortable you often forget if you’re lying on a bed or a chair. When you finish, go through this model. Your imagination has come true. The covering is done like human skin to ensure proper air circulation, while the exoskeleton at the back ensures the body posture remains accurate.
- 95% recyclable, made from renewable energy
- Provides a 12-year warranty
- Helps minimize spine compression and reduce the loss of fluid from discs
- A bit too expensive for people who prefer economical executive chairs
This was our list of the ten best orthopedic chairs of 2020. I hope we were of help! Thank you for reading our article.